Congratulations –– you’ve submitted your petition to USCIS! And now you must wait for it to process. This can feel like it takes forever, especially since processing times for all types of applications have increased significantly in recent years.
The good news is you can check normal processing times for all USCIS petitions online, which can give you an idea of how long you’ll be waiting and indicate whether or not there is an issue with your case.
Here's how to check the official processing times:
- Visit USCIS's Processing Times website;
- Select your form type from the drop-down menu titled “Form”;
- Select the field office or service center
- Click “Get Processing Time”;
- Review the posted processing times and compare the "Case filing date for inquiry" with the received date on your I-797C Notice of Action, Receipt Notice;
- If your petition is taking longer to process, you can submit an “outside normal processing” service request.