CONTACT US (503) 427-8243

(503) 427-8243

What to do if CBP admits you with the wrong information?

Upon lawfully entering the US at a Port-of-Entry, CBP will issue an Entry/Departure Record Form I-94. Sometimes, however, they fail to do so or issue incorrect information on the form. If this is the case you can schedule an appointment at a local CBP Deferred Inspection Site of Port of Entry that has a Deferred Inspection office to have your admission record corrected.

CBP has a great deal of discretion when it comes to Deferred Inspection and makes determinations on a case by case basis.


Factors that may be considered when making a deferred inspection decision include:

  • the likelihood the applicant will be establish admissibility
  • the type of documents needed and the ability to obtain them
  • the good faith effort of the applicant to obtain documents prior to arrival at the port of entry
  • verification of the applicant’s identity and nationality
  • age, health, and family ties of the applicant
  • other humanitarian considerations
  • likelihood that applicant would appear at deferred inspection
  • the nature of the ground of inadmissibility
  • the danger to society if the applicant is paroled


If CBP decides to grant you a deferred inspection, an officer will give you a Form I-546, Order to Appear-Deferred Inspection, which will explain what information and documents you should bring with you to the deferred inspection site.

Note that you must appear for a scheduled deferred inspection. Failure to do so may result in the issuance of a notice to appear (NTA) in removal proceedings.

Deferred Inspection site locations can be found here and Port of Entry locations can be found here.

Important Links

About Us


Useful Links

Privacy Policy

Legal Disclaimer

Get In Touch

Contact Us

Schedule Consultation