Contact Us
(503) 427-8243

Adjustment of Status

What is Adjustment of Status?

Adjustment of Status allows nonimmigrants to apply for permanent residency while inside the US by filing Form I-485. Unlike the "Immigrant Visa" process, Adjustment of Status does not require “Consular Processing” at a US embassy or consulate abroad and allows the applicant to move from nonimmigrant status to permanent resident status without returning to their home country. At the end of the process, the applicant will receive a green card which gives them travel and work authorization in the US. In most cases, an interview to determine the applicant’s eligibility and to verify the relationship between the petitioner and beneficiary will be scheduled at the USCIS field office nearest the applicant’s home before the green card is granted.

Click here for more tips on how to get your immigration case approved in the Trump era.


Latest Posts

Extension and Redesignation of Yemen TPS

Preserving the Health of Detained Pregnant Women

DACA Ruled Unlawful: What This Means For Dreamers

Salad Bowl or Melting Pot: Immigrants in America

About Us




Contact Us

Schedule Consultation