How to Check USCIS Processing Times
Congratulations –– you’ve submitted your petition to USCIS! ????
And now you’re waiting for it to be processed...yea. It can feel like it takes forever. ⏰
The good news is you can check processing times online!
We lay out how to check USCIS processing times online below. We used Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Permanent Residency, as an example but you can follow these same steps to check the processing time of any type of form.
If you have any questions along the way, get in touch with us at [email protected] or (503) 427-8243.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to check the processing time for your immigration case:
- Visit https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/;
- Select your form type from the drop-down menu titled “form”;
- Select the field office or service center;
- Click “get processing time”;
- If your petition is taking longer to process, you can submit an “outside normal processing” service request.
How do I know which form I submitted? Check the top of your I-797 Notice of Action (see image below). Another option is to click here and browse through the list of USCIS forms.
How do I find my field office or service center? Check the bottom of your I-797 Notice of Action (see image below).
What if my case is taking longer to process than it says here? If your petition is taking longer to process, you can submit an “outside normal processing” service request.