Get a FREE Citizenship Guide. Download Your Copy!                                           Call 503-427-8243

You can receive a green card through employment. Most commonly, U.S. employers can file a petition for its workers to receive a green card. The principal worker and immediate family members can become permanent residents of the U.S. if the necessary steps are followed. In addition, sometimes you can file a petition for yourself, if you or your work are extraordinary or you have substantial funds to invest in a U.S. business.

  • EB-1A (Persons with Extraordinary Ability)
  • EB-1B (Outstanding Professors and Researchers)
  • EB-1C (Multinational Managers or Executives)


  • EB-2 (Professionals Holding an Advanced Degree)
  • EB-2 (Persons with Exceptional Ability)
  • National Interest Waiver (NIW)


  • EB-3 Skilled Workers and Professionals
  • EB-3 Other Workers


  • EB-5 Immigrant Investors